Lamont entered the real estate business in 1985 while a junior at the University of Louisville by borrowing $3,000 (co-signed by his dad) and purchasing a 5-plex in the Old Louisville neighborhood. A year later, he purchased a 10 plex, and about 6 months prior to graduation, a 12 plex.
After graduating from UofL in 1987, Lamont obtained his real estate license and then worked for several Louisville area real estate companies prior to obtaining his broker’s license and forming Breland Group Realtors in 1995. Today The Breland Group has 49 licensed Realtors and two offices.
Lamont has also served the real estate industry and the community in many ways, such as:
Served the Greater Louisville Association of Realtors in many ways, including:
- Board of directors
- Chair, Community Relations
- Chair, Rookies
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Advertising Committee
- MLS Improvement Committee, which oversaw vendor interview selection, and implementation of GLAR’s new MLS system.
- Strat Plan Committee
- Technology Task Force
- Building Improvement Committee.
- 2010-11 GLAR President.
- GLAR Realtor of the Year in 2014.
- 2019 Wall of Honor recipient.
- Co-Chair, GLAR Leadership Institute 2015-present.
At the State level, Served KAR as:
- Region 3 Director
- Chair, Bylaws, Policies & Procedures
- Chair, Investments
- Chair, Personnel
- Finance Committee
- Economic & Local Issues
- Professional Standards
- CEO Search Committee
- 2016 KAR President
- 2021-22 Move Up PAG
- 2020-21 DSA Committee
- 2020-21 Centennial Committee
- 2021 Kentucky Realtor of the Year
- 2022 Chair DEI Committee
At the National level, Served NAR as:
- 2017-18 Realtor Party Member Involvement Committee (RPMIC) Chair for Kentucky.
- 2016 Risk Management Committee
- NAR Delegate
- 2019-20 Leading Edge Advisory Board
- 2020/21 Business Issue Policies Committee
- 2022 NAR Safety Committee
- NAR Board of Directors 2019-24
Outside of real estate:
- Appointed to the 2016-17 Louisville Metro “Comprehensive Plan” committee which will map out a 20 year plan for the city’s growth.
- Current BOD member and past President of the Louisville Metro Police Foundation.
- Current BOD member of the Blue Coats.
- Current BOD member of the Baptist Fellowship Center.
- Two term President of Kentuckiana Crime Stoppers
- Former Deacon and Sunday School teacher at Hurstbourne Baptist Church.
- Personally, Lamont has been married to Stacy since 1987 and they have three beautiful adult daughters, and two little grand-kids.