- Licensed as a Realtor in 1987.
- Founded Breland Group Realtors in 1995, which currently has 49 agents and two offices in Louisville.
Served the Greater Louisville Association of Realtors in many ways, including:
- Board of directors
- Chair, Community Relations
- Chair, Rookies
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Advertising Committee
- MLS Improvement Committee, which oversaw vendor interview selection, and implementation of GLAR’s new MLS system.
- Strat Plan Committee
- Technology Task Force
- Building Improvement Committee.
- 2010-11 GLAR President
- GLAR Realtor of the Year in 2014.
- Co-Chair, GLAR Leadership Institute 2015-present
- 2019 Wall of Honor
At the State level, Served KAR as:
- Region 3 Director
- Chair, Bylaws, Policies & Procedures
- Chair, Investments
- Chair, Personnel
- Finance Committee
- Economic & Local Issues
- Professional Standards
- CEO Search Committee
- 2016 KAR President
- 2021-22 Move Up PAG
- 2020-21 DSA Committee
- 2020-21 Centennial Committee
- 2022/22 Vice Chair DEI Committee
At the National level, Served NAR as:
- 2017-18 Realtor Party Member Involvement Committee (RPMIC) Chair for Kentucky.
- 2016 Risk Management Committee
- NAR Delegate
- 2019-20 Leading Edge Advisory Board
- 2020/21 Business Issue Policies Committee
- NAR Board of Directors 2019-21
Outside of real estate:
- Appointed to the 2016-17 Louisville Metro “Comprehensive Plan” committee which will map out a 20 year plan for the city’s growth.
- Current BOD member and past President of the Louisville Metro Police Foundation.
- Two term President of Kentuckiana Crime Stoppers
- Former Deacon and Sunday School teacher at Hurstbourne Baptist Church.
- Personally, Lamont has been married to Stacy since 1987 and they have three beautiful adult daughters, and one 2 year old granddaughter.